The Car Wash Process
The vehicle below was one of our London test vehicles. Polished and waxed in July 2019, this photo was taken on the 15th December 2019 the day it was sold. All we did was give it a wash with Wash’n Seal with Carnauba Wax.
Why should you regularly clean leather and other forms of upholstery?
Even over short periods of time perspiration, environmental contaminants and the sun’s harmful UV rays will combine to dry leather and other upholstery materials causing them to harden and tear over time. Additionally, the bacterial build up will cause unsightly black spot in the leather and assist in making the interior of the car a breeding ground for germs. This product contains an antimicrobial which will kill 99.9% of bacteria in the leather and eliminate black-spot.
- Vacuum the interior of the car before commencing the interior clean.
- Spray Leather Cleaner with Antimicrobial onto the leather surface and leave for about 30 seconds.
- Agitate with a medium coarse sponge, soft nail brush or simply wipe over with a moist microfibre cloth.
- Wipe off with a clean 270-330 GSM microfibre cloth.
- Repeat as and when necessary.
This product may be used on Leather, Leatherette, MB Text, BMW Sensatec, Vinyl and Cloth surfaces in the vehicle.
It may also be used to clean Suede. Repeat every 3-4 months.
Why should a leather dressing be applied?
Once cleaned leather must be enriched with natural leather oils. This is the only way to bring leather back to its natural state.
- Clean the leather with Leather Cleaner with Antimicrobial first.
- Wipe the Leather creme (cream) over the surface using either a soft sponge or a clean 270 – 330 GSM microfiber cloth.
- Ensure you wipe down the stitching as this is the most likely place where long-term damage can and will occur.
- Repeat every 3-4 months for long lasting protection.
May be used on Leather, Leatherette, MB Text, BMW Sensatec and Vinyl. Do not apply to suede or other materials.
What is the best car wash process?
First lightly rinse the car with clean water. Pressure rinsing is not recommended.
Why clean the wheels first?
As they will contain the most amount of road grim, they should be washed first. Thus, eliminating spraying contaminated water over a clean car.
Most of the wheel cleaners on the market today are made up of aggressive acids and alkali. The E-Valence wheel cleaner is formulated using a combination of soft non-aggressive chemicals that will clean and protect alloy, painted, stainless steel and chrome wire wheels.
- Rinse the wheels during the vehicle rinse process.
- Spray pH Neutral Alloy & Wire Wheel Cleaner onto a cold wheel and leave for 3 minutes.
- Use a soft or woolen brush to agitate the sprayed surface.
- Jet-wash off to finish.
This product performs brilliantly on modern alloy wheels that are prone to heavy carbon build-up. The protective coating left on the surface will protect the wheel for up to 6-8 weeks. This means you only have to jet wash the wheel the next 6-8 times you clean the vehicle.
This is real protection!
What is the best car wash on the market today? A car wash that combines a balance of soft attractants and carnauba wax that will solubilize into the water lifting and dispersing the contaminant from the surface. Leaving a natural carnauba wax enhancement that will protect your paint from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Add 50-75 ml of the Wash’n Seal with Carnauba Wax into a bucket of hot water. The hot water really gets the chemistry working.
- Wash using a clean Microfiber Wash Mitt a section at a time from the top of the vehicle down. (Do not wash from the bottom up).
- Dry off using a E-Valence Luxury Drying Towel after the final rinse to reveal a showroom shine.
- We recommend the 2-bucket system, one bucket with car wash mix and a second bucket with clean warm rinse water.
- Always rinse the Wash Mitt in the rinse water before re-dipping into the wash mix.
NB Wash’n Seal with Carnauba Wax may be used in a Snow Lance System however; all of the above processes need to be followed.
Why Dry Wash a car? This process is best followed when water is not available.
- Simply spray over the surface a section at a time.
- Wipe off in one direction using a 270-330 GSM microfiber cloth to avoid pushing the captured contaminant back into the paint.
- Wipe to a shine using a second 270-330 GSM microfiber cloth. (Because this is a water-based product and our triggers are “fine mist” professional sprays, it is best to wipe wide in the drying process to avoid over-spray).
- Repeat as and when necessary.
For final preparation before a Concour d’Elegance we would recommend E-Valence Instant Detailer with Carnauba Wax.
What is the best glass cleaning process?
Often left out in the car wash process, cleaning the internal glass is just as important as cleaning the external glass. If fact just like our Leather Cleaner with Antimicrobial, the internal glass surface can be a breeding ground for bacteria.
More than just a glass cleaner, this product will kill 99.9% of microbial growth on any glass surface.
Also included is an anti-fogging agent to assist those of us driving older cars.
- Spray onto the glass surface.
- Wipe off to a shine using a 220 GSM microfibre glass cloth.
- Repeat as and when necessary.
- May be added to the window washer reservoir of your vehicle.
This is a solvent free application. It may be necessary to wipe over several times during the drying process. Drying with two cloths is better than one.
Why apply a Tyre dressing? Simply finishes the car wash process and as the name implies, this product does not contain silicone.
- Simply apply to a rag or application sponge and wipe around the Tyre surface.
- Upon completion ensure that the tyre is dry and free of any build-up of the dressing so as not to cause “fling”.
- Because the product is water-based, it may be applied directly to a wet tyre.
The vehicle in the above photo was one of our London test vehicles. Polished and waxed in July 2019, this photo was taken on the 15th December 2019 the day it was sold. All we did was give it a wash.
E-Valence is an all-encompassing range of cleaning and detailing products. The entire range is 100% water-based, 100% biodegradable and 99.9-100% silicone, solvent and VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) free, and suitable for the transformation of any automobile, motorcycle, boat or plane.
The E-Valence process will clean any surface that the products are applied to without penetrating and thus harming that surface its substrate or any of the surrounding seals whether they be rubber or silicone.
I may be contacted by email or direct by mobile should you require further explanation on the products or application processes.
+61488 22 33 22